Friday, October 10, 2008

Love Freebies

A friend of mine is teaching me the art of grocery shopping for freebies. I'm so psych'd about it that two mornings in a row I've been to two grocery stores at 6am waiting on the doors to open. In two days I've spent $45.75 and saved $102.62 in coupons (of course I also relied on sale items too). My spent would probably have been lower but I still needed milk, bread and splenda and even though I had a triple coupon for splenda, it's still outrageously expensive. My friend has such a stockpile now of items that she only spends money on meats and just goes to stores when items are free or under $1. That's my goal. I compared my savings to a paycheck received if I was working a minimum wage job and that would be an estimate of 14 hours I didn't have to work outside of home. It's stressful searching for all of the coupons with three sets of toddler hands wanting to "help" but it's so worth it. More money saved, more money to spend on them later.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! send her my contact info!!! i'd go shopping at 6am with you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home