Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Nate's Recovery

Nate had his tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy this morning and he came through surgery fine. Unfortunately, he's been a horrible patient. He came out of anesthesia very, very irritable. OR staff only let one parent back and I was stuck with restraining him in my arms. They pushed me in a wheelchair to his room and I several times almost dropped him. He's tried very hard to pull out his IV. I can't talk to him without him yelling "No" over and over and fighting back. I haven't been able to go to the bathroom without him or keeping the door open and I've been walked in on once since there are no locks to the hospital rooms. We tried to take a wagon ride around the Children's wing and all b/c they put a security bracelet on him, he screamed the entire ride and about hurt himself trying to get that bracelet off. It's been a terrible day. He's staying overnight b/c risk of dehydration with toddlers is higher so they like to keep IV fluids in them after this procedure. Honestly, I'm glad we're here b/c I can't imagine dealing with this and the other three at home at the same time. He's been all I can handle today. Thankfully he's napping now but I dread when he wakes up b/c the painkillers will probably have worn off by then.

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hope he's feeling better today!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home