Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Weird Dream

This morning before I woke up I was having a dream. It seemed like a really good dream but in reality I don't think it would be possible.

Before I tell the dream, just so you know, Tony and I are not having marital problems. I have weird dreams all the time.

I dreamed we split up. Everyone offerred us FREE babysitting so we would have time to rekindle our marriage. In our dream we kept this up for the sake of getting free babysitting.

Babysitting isn't cheap anymore not when there are four kids. This is why we don't go out much. Teenagers, the ones that you don't have to pay as much, aren't able to handle three two-year olds. They are more than adults that have raised children can handle so definitely not teenagers. Nannies and Au Pairs are just out of our budget. When it cost more to pay for babysitting than going out to eat and a movie, I have a problem with that.

So I've been thinking about this dream all morning. It's just not even possible for us to split up. First, if Tony left, that means I'd be stuck 24 hours a day with the kids all by myself. If I left, we'd have to hire babysitters or pay for daycare and since I'm not working, that just isn't possible either and if I left with the kids, who's going to take us in with three toddlers? Four in daycare? No way! I love my husband so I'm not leaving anyway and he can't live without me (just ask him).

A friend of mine and I agreed to switch off babysitting services. She has children the same age as mine minus one toddler (6 year old and twins that are 2). One night about 9pm I went to her house and stayed until about 2am. This works out great for us b/c the one parent that goes to the other house doesn't have to watch kids b/c they are in bed. The downside is we stay out late and still have to get up with kids in the morning so sleep is tossed out. Seven kids is a lot for one house to watch too especially if 5 are in diapers. Tony and I haven't made it out yet for several reasons - our kids not sleeping at night, I was too tired another (that's about every night after a day with four kids), sick kids on both sides, one husband working late.

I did send Tony an email this morning and told him to take off a half day of the first day of preschool. After Logan goes to school and we drop the toddlers off at 9am, the two of us can have three hours for just the two of us during daytime hours. (Preschool is from 9-12.) Yeah!!!!! I'm starting my countdown to September 3rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home