Saturday, July 19, 2008

Operation Crib to Toddler Bed

This is not going so well. Nate and Andrew need to come out of the cribs now, but it's just not happening. One of the cribs has been rattled so much we had to duct tape over some screws. The boys had jumped so much the screw wouldn't stay screwed in. They both can climb over but haven't dropped to the ground yet. I've caught them in the act though. So tonight knowing they had a tiring evening at a friend's neighborhood pool, I thought this might be the night to start but we went ahead and put them in cribs anyway.

Andrew fell asleep very fast. He usually does. He's like his daddy and just knods off quickly. Nate instead screamed for the longest time tonight. I decided to give Logan another Big Brother duty. We pulled out his sleeping bag and put it on one of the toddler beds. Nate had the opportunity to sleep in his toddler bed with Bo-bo beside him. Logan thought this was cool. He even asked if he could do this with Andrew sometime. Tony and I snuck out to go watch a movie. About 30 minutes into the movie we had to pause it b/c Nate was banging on the bedroom door. I went back up and discovered Nate had pooped. Nate asked me for Waffles. He thought it was already morning. I changed him, put him back in bed, talked to Logan and Nate and tucked them back in and left. We go back to watching the movie again.

About another 15-20 minutes goes by and Nate is back at the door running his train across it. I told Tony to give me 30 minutes and I would lay down with him and see if he would knod off. Logan had fell asleep this time. Nate was the only one awake. I tried hugging him, putting my arm around him to lock him down on the bed, tried the play asleep trick, but nothing worked. Nate kept talking and talking and Andrew rises up. Now I have two toddlers awake and a six-year old asleep.

Now Andrew has pooped. I turn on the hall light so I can see to change him in their room. Nate starts talking to Andrew very loud and I'm trying to shush him. Doesn't work. Andrew is quiet the entire time. I get him all changed, kiss him, put him back in the crib and tell him to go back to sleep. I decide then not to let Nate stay in the bed. It's now way too late. Nate fights me to go back to the crib but I did get him to go back by giving him the Lego comforter off Logan's bed.

Now Tony is asleep so the rest of the movie has to be postponed. Our days of watching a movie without interruptions is long gone.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

good effort, even if it didn't work this time. keep at it! they'll get there eventually!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home