Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thursday's Outing


We had planned a trip to Carowinds a while back with another family that also has a six year old and a set of twins that are two years old (same size/age as our family minus one toddler). It had been arranged for Madelyn to stay with my mom but the day before our outing, Andrew came down with a fever and an ear infection. He also stayed home. We were able to take a trip out with Logan and Nate only...big difference going out with only two kids.

We only rode a few rides in the kiddie park and then we hit the water park at opening. Nate did not enjoy the rides. He was very scared of the carousel horses. He screamed the entire time. He didn't like the Dora Train or the balloon ride either. When we got to the water park he was scared of the wave pool at first too but later learned to love it. He wanted to be held though and go "Up...Down" as he would say with the waves. He also played in the kiddie area but made me go down the slide with him which wasn't made for adults so I'm sure it was a site to see me going down it with a child laying on my belly.

We had a good time and stayed until about 7:30pm, and I only got a little sunburn. Usually I burn with sunscreen but this time I was applying every hour 50spf. That evening, the other mom and I took the older two to see Kung Fu Panda. By the time I got home I was so exhausted and so was Logan. Logan asked me to tell him a story and he dozed off as soon as he asked. Friday I paid for it. My body ached all over from being beaten up by the wave pool. I was able to catch a nap during the kid's nap time which was awesome.

Unfortunately Andrew is not the only one sick now. All three toddlers have had fevers and sore throats. As of today, all three have diarrhea. Our house smells worse than a landfill. It's a good thing we bought two boxes of diapers last weekend at BJ's. Madelyn wouldn't go to sleep last night for belly aches. She screamed until 11:15 I think it was. She woke up Nate and I had to get him out of his room to keep from waking up Andrew since they share a room together. I think it's hit Nate the worst. He cried all night long and almost all of today. Before nap, I had to carry him everywhere or he had to sit in my lap the entire time to keep him from screaming and he still screamed in my lap. He was miserable. I'm praying that Tony and I do not get this bug and if we do, it can't be at the same time. I hope Logan doesn't get it either. This bug needs to be gone by Monday too so I don't have to deal with it alone when Tony goes back to work.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home