Thursday, May 22, 2008

Loving the water....and popsicle




These beautiful children played outside for almost two hours today. Madelyn hasn't been outside this long in a while. She stayed mostly snot free, just a little runny. I think the new medicines might be working.

Watching these three outside this morning made me so happy (and exhausted at the same time). I couldn't stop thinking about the Chapman family while we were playing. I don't know them, never met them, but one of my secret pals back when I was on the exchange in the adoption forums sent me his Christmas album. That was when I learned he had three daughters from China. The CD has pictures of his three Chinese daughters on it. I have the books his wife wrote also. I do know WHO they are and what wonderful family they have and it saddens me so much to hear of their loss. I keep looking for more information but I'm sure the family would rather take this time to mourn their loss than have reporters posting any more information.

I fear my kids running in front of vehicles everytime I walk out my door and everytime we get out of the car somewhere like the mall or restaurant. I have fear of being in a car accident and something happening to them. I dread the day Logan asks me to take him to get his license. Tragedy struck two children in the Chapman family - one no longer living and one to live with this accident the rest of his life. I can't imagine this pain. I pray for them all.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

I feel so much more sorry for the brother who has to live with this even though it was an accident. I also can't imagine being the parent trying to grieve the loss without adding to the guilt feeling in the other. Makes me cry every time I think about it.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Dena said...

Yep, me too, can't stop thinking about them. I am praying for God to breath new life into that young man, for something good to come from this terrible accident.
So hard, on so many levels. They do have so many praying for them.
Dena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home