Wednesday, January 02, 2008

More Stupid People

I walked to my mailbox and outside was a lady, husband (Caucasion) and two girls that were of Asian decent, not sure if they were Chinese or not that said "Hello" to me while I was out there. They introduced themselves and said they had just moved in down the road and the two girls were their granddaughters. She asked me how many kids I have and I said four. I don't remember all she was saying but I was just thinking that I'm cold and want to go back inside. Somehow it came up about my kids again and I said three were one-years old. She said "I thought someone had triplets around here" assuming she had seen us in the stroller. I told her that we had twin sons and a daughter from China wondering if that would make her mention if her granddaughters were Chinese or not. She never did say but then she said to me "Oh, and I thought you had triplets" as if, and I'm translating the way it came out "oh, it's not as hard as I thought it was." I proceded to tell her our daughter was only 7 weeks younger and she said "well, at least it's not triplets."

I'm sorry but what the heck is the difference in raising triplets vs "virtual" triplets? No, I didn't have one of these kids for most of the first year of her life but for the past year come end of February we have had three the same age. They are in every aspect just like having biological triplets. Her comment really ticked me off.

Let's see how I compare to having triplets. (I'm pretty sure triplet parents have these things.)
1. 3 cribs
2. 2 Triple Strollers, a few doubles, few singles
3. Two vehicles full of carseats but they are rarely used b/c we can't go anywere with this many babies.
4. Three booster seats at the table
5. A box of diapers from BJ's of the same size only last about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks
6. 6 feet to keep socks and shoes on when trying to walk out the door
7. 3 baby swings
8. Doctor bills galore for well visits, not counting sick visits
9. Three sippy's filled everytime I pour milk
10. A shopping cart at the big Warehouse stores aren't big enough to carry my crew
11. Mom has a bad back (okay, had to throw this one in but it's true. Who wouldn't from picking up three tots all the time?)

I could keep going. Need I say more?

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Nice neighbor...
Maybe she should try it for a week..
Forget it.. she wouldn't last...
Have a Better Day...
I give you TONS of credit..

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Dena said...

I'm exhausted just reading your list. The part about 6 feet that need socks and shoes really got me!
Dena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home