Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm becoming more and more famous everyday

So famous that you'll probably see my photo posted as you walk into stores and restaurants........unfortunately it's not the good kind of famous. Right above my photo it will say "BANNED FROM ENTERING THE PREMISES."

Today some friends and I decided to meet at Chick-Fil-A. I don't get out much with the kids. There's three good reasons why...
1. Nate
2. Andrew
3. Madelyn
The kids haven't left the house in a while and I wanted to get out and socialize. I got to Chick-Fil-A first. I actually got all of them into the restaurant by myself thanks to the new leashes I just bought last night. We walk into the play area and played while waiting on my friends. Time goes by, no show and kids are smelling food. So they start screaming. Madelyn would have been okay but she does sympathy screams when the boys start. I then think to myself that I can get the kids in the rolling high chairs and get food by myself. WRONG!!! I barely made it to the highchairs before the three balls of fire explode into raging lunatics. Nate's shoe came off and he refused to walk and he cried and screamed at the top of his lungs. Andrew wanted to run free and yelled and Madelyn was mocking her brothers. I wanted to cry right there and just sit in the floor and cover myself up with the diaper bag so no one would see my face. I was embarrassed with everyone in the restuarant staring at me.

Not a sole offerred to help. I heard lots of comments though. One even made the comment that Andrew was strangled around his leash. He wasn't b/c I checked when I heard that. There were even about 10 firemen walk in to the restuarant to eat and not a single one of them offerred any assistance. Aren't they suppose to be Heros?

I managed to get all of them back into the play areas and called my friends on the cell and they were almost there. I did not move until I have another hand to help me. I just let them scream it out in the playarea. At least in Chick-Fil-A playareas it's a separate room and the noise is muted from the restaurant.

Something similar to this happened a few weeks back in Target. I can not take them anywhere in public places. They freak out! It doesn't matter if I have juice, milk, snacks, balloons, whatever, it happens. It just takes one to be unhappy and the other two think they have to do it too. Madelyn may not be blood related but she's definitely their triplet sister. She can be just like them sometimes, but she is easier to shop with out of all four of my kids.

Next week we take the long dreaded ride to Florida, 10 hours in the car with four kids. We need lots of prayers.

6 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

You sure you don't want to leave a kid or two here with me?

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I've been in Supermarkets/restaurants on my own, while the kids are at school and have aided a few Mum's struggling with only 2 arms!!! I totally sympathise... and I only had to deal with 2 kids! My two did what your boys did - 1 doesn't want to walk, and throws themself on the floor - the other ran free!!! Argh. Toddlers... thank heavens they do grow up!

Will be praying for your roadtrip - I think you'll need it!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Def praying. People ought to be kinder and at least offer to help. So sorry for the rudeness of others.

Beverly

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger RoxXx said...

You poor thing... But why should strangers should be so indiferent??? A little empathy people out there please!

You'll be on my prayers and thoughts next week so you can have a safe trip!

Rox

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what part of florida are you going to? in 2 weeks i'll be making the 10-hour drive back home to Pensacola for Christmas...by myself. i sympathize completely! praying for you as always, dear! :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Dena said...

This had Scott and I cracking up, though I know it wasn't funny at the time. Those "firemen" are scaredy cats!
I read a blog that I love by a mom of triplets. She talks a lot about how hard it is. Her kids are about a year older than yours. It's at www.lotsofscotts.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home