Friday, October 12, 2007

"Toot Toot Chugga Chugga...."

I just found out this week that Greg Wiggle left the Wiggles. How did I miss out on this news?

One of Logan's first favorite shows to watch on tv was the Wiggles. The same goes for Nate and Andrew as well. Madelyn isn't into it as much as the boys. She has a very short attention span and easily wanders off after watching just a little of the show. It's not going to be the same once the shows start showing the new yellow Wiggle Sam. From the online news it looks like this took place last year that Greg left and Sam took over but the shows here in the US still have Greg on them.

I admit when I first saw the Wiggles, I was sure my son would never watch four men dancing and singing kids songs. They seemed a bit "weird" to me. BUT I was wrong. They turned out to be a favorite of Logan's and I also started watching them and singing their songs. I admit it, I got hooked too and now I have the Wiggles recording everyday for the other three to watch. It's not going to seem the same without Greg. Why didn't they give the new Wiggle a new color, maybe Green? Maybe my Aussie reader can help me with that one.

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

They didn't give Sam a new color so as to keep the confusion the kids may have down to a minimal. Greg left due to serious medical problems that he pushed through for years.

You know me - I have all the information on the Wiggles thanks to my Wiggles addict Tashie!! Do you know she still has all those Wiggles toys, including the numerous ones you and Uncle Tony got for her over the years? I kid you not.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Have you tried Dora? Lauren was the same way with the tv until she discovered Dora. She is so infatuated with Dora!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

Oh please no Dora!!! Please don't get the kids hooked on Dora - cause I don't let my girls watch Dora here. The only way my girls get to watch Dora is if they do it upstairs in their rooms. That show irritates me to absolutely no end. It teaches the kids good stuff but it also teaches the kids how to yell at everything. No talking quietly with indoor voices on this show. Nope. Gotta yell it out constantly. And I am not wanting my girls to think that simple talking involves yelling things as loud as possible.

So if the kids get hooked on Dora, please let them know that Auntie Kricket's televisions don't work with Dora. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home