Friday, October 05, 2007

So, How's Your Day?

When am I ever going to answer this with a big, huge grin on my face and say "It was the most fabulous day of my life and all the kids have been angels all day long."

HA, HA, HA!!!!!

This week has been challenging. Just when I think I'm past one hurdle, up pops a few more. Multiples can get into so much more trouble than any singleton ever could. Logan in his worst terrible two's (and three's) never got into this much mischief as Nate, Andrew and Madelyn. For example, today alone, they've managed to distract me long enough to take over my tall glass of tea while I was on the phone and try to drink from it spilling it all over the table, floor and chair. All three had their hands in it splashing around. Madelyn earlier today reached to the top of the kitchen table and pulled down Logan's drink at breakfast and drowned herself right about the time to walk out the door to take Logan to school so I ended up having to hurriedly strip her down and change clothes (which by the way I locked myself out of the house again this morning b/c I was in such a hurry to get up to the school and I was in a bad mood once 8:20am came around). They fight over everything - toys, cups, puzzle pieces, etc. Is this ever going to end? Doubtful.

Today was also Nate and Andrew's checkup. Nate went balistic as soon as we walked into the doctor's office. He screamed, cried, and fussed and practically clawed me to death when he was getting his three shots. If there had been a 6-pack at my house when I got home, it would have been gone in the first hour after that visit. (Just kidding, I don't drink beer but I thought about it for a sec.)

And Logan isn't innocent in all this. I got my 2nd not-so-good call today from his teacher. Apparently he thinks it's okay to spit in his friend's face. This evening he spent time at his desk writing the sentence "I will not spit at anyone" over and over (a few sentences he left out "not" - trying to pull one on me I think). He needs practice writing anyway so I gave him some extra homework. He also gets no TV this weekend. I'm not used to these teacher/parent confrontations and I don't want to get used to them either. I'm going to volunteer in Logan's classroom Monday and speak to the teacher some more about Logan's behavior. Overall though, Logan has done well in school. I can brag a little on Logan.....his reading skills are so advanced that he gets to go to First Grade for Reading and is the only one in his Kindergarten class that does that. Unfortunately I can't take the credit. He gets this gene from his daddy. (I hate reading. Give me math over reading anyday.)

I'm hoping for a calm, peaceful weekend with my husband and kids.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Ok, how bad is it that I laughed my butt off when I read your title and first sentence. Yep, I feel your pain (to a lesser degree since there are only two "angels" over here). And I DO drink, by the way. Sometimes waiting for Rod to come home so I can pour a nice glass of wine and take a bubblebath is the ONLY thing that gets me through the day. Sigh... Sending huge hugs.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Dena said...

Melissa,
I honestly admire you so much for keeping your sense of humor! I know it's hard with 3 kids, all different ages, I can't even begin to imagine handling 3 at the age Piper is now. She makes such a huge mess all day, x3 - it's hard to imagine how you keep your sanity at all. I would say if you are even half sane at the end of each day, you're doing great.
I read about Tony in your other post, I so hope he is recovering.

Things can only better, right?!!!

Cute pictures above!
Dema

 

Post a Comment

<< Home