Monday, May 28, 2007

Madelyn's Quilt

A few have asked who made Madelyn's Quilt. I cheated. Or should I say I chickened out of making it myself but I did attempt. While in the wait for Madelyn, in the wait for our new home, also in the wait to give birth to our bouncing baby twin boys, I participated in the quilt square exchange, took a quilting class and attempted to make it myself. I got frustrated with sewing it together and was in agony from being pregnant that I called it quits. I met our quilter, Cheryl, through a yahoo group of expecting moms due in April 2006.

I never knew then that Madelyn would also have an April 2006 birthday. I was due 4/10 with the twins (which is Logan's birthday) but they came 6 weeks early. Madelyn's birthday is 4/23. I was probably close to the same gestational date as her birthmother.

Here's my attempt at the quilt. I did get a little further than this but it still never looked as nice as the one we sent to Cheryl. I may one day finish the one I started. I could still start over too. I ended up with over 300 squares.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

I think your quilt looks fantastic! I thought I'd hate every minute of making Bella's quilt, but I loved it! I'm working on my fifth quilt now! It's a queensize one for my mum and dad! I'm very boring, and just sew squares together, no fancy patterns. All the detail is in the fabric. I choose fabrics, that speak about the person I'm making the quilt for. I love it!

I think you underestimate yourself. Your quilt looks great - I can't see any inperfections at all!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home