Monday, March 05, 2007

Ready to Come Home

After spending the night hovering over the toilet and sink, I am now officially ready to get on that plane and come home. I love China and I am so glad I came to meet our daughter and be able to bring this beautiful little girl home but being sick away from home is horrible. I miss my boys and my own bed and home. This bed here is like laying on a hardwood floor and trying to sleep on it while sick doesn't make anything better, maybe worse.

Poor Tony got over his bug and then he got stuck cleaning up after me. Then this morning Logan vomits twice. We're not sure if Logan is really sick or not b/c he's still his bouncy self. Logan never acts sick when he really is sick.

I'm missing out on the Kids Amusement Park this morning. I told Tony to take Logan and see if he can make it without vomiting again. I'm too drained to even take one step out the door so Madelyn and I are hanging out in the hotel room. This afternoon we'll try to make it over to the White Swan hotel for the famous red couch photo with all the babies in our group dressed in their tradtional Chinese dresses. We took a tour of this hotel yesterday and it is really pretty inside. I'm disappointed I'm not getting the Barbie with the Asian baby but Madelyn will have plenty of Barbies later on. It wasn't worth the extra money to stay at that hotel just to get the Barbie.

Off to try to get some more rest. Madelyn is trying to fall back asleep on the bed behind me. Hardness doesn't seem to affect her. Her crib is soft. I've been tempted to jump in it and sleep or at least pull the mattress out of it and lay it in the floor.

One more night here, a full day tomorrow and we'll load the plane sometime around 8pm China time. If no delays, we'll be back in NC around 8am EST Thursday.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Oooo Melissa! You sound awful! Wishing your last few days go quickly so you can get home to your bed, house, "normal food" and of course - the beautiful twins awaiting you at home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home