Monday, February 26, 2007

Shopping

I had my first attempt at shopping. Tony had been out by himself but this was my first time. I admit it, I don't know how to shop here. I like bargains but I don't know how to shop in CQ for that. From what I understand the best shopping is in Guangzhou so we'll probably wait to buy souvenirs there.

I did get Madelyn a coat and a hat and some leggings to go under the pants I have that are too short. I was looking for clothes but trying to figure out sizes wasn't making sense to me. It seems the people selling just hold it up to the child and everything looked too big to me.

Logan did get a toy transformer very cheap. Unfortunately in less than 5 minutes opening the package, a small part broke.

I'm still searching for the traditional silk dresses, tea sets, squeeky shoes and the jewelry.

Oh, and (not related to shopping) the vonage phone power cord is not the only thing fried now. I thought I could use my curling iron today by plugging it into the surge protector. I let it heat up for just a few minutes and then put it up to my hair. My hair got a little thinning out. It burnt it pretty good. Fortunately I can hide it but will be looking forward to a haircut when I get back home. I might just go ahead and cut it all off now for Locks of Love. I've got enough but it will be shorter than I wanted to go. With three babies tugging on my hair, I'm ready to go short.

2 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Stacey T. said...

Wait until Guangzhou for all the "traditional" things you want. Squeeky shoes from Sherrys (they are in the back through the courtyard. If you don't see the color you want in the right size, ask, they will find it for you.

We liked the "Chinese Life" store for silks, etc...

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

You are one person that can find an unbelievable bargain no matter where are you. We need to have a girls' day out and have you take me with you on your bargain excursions. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home