Monday, February 26, 2007

A Perfect Match

We couldn't have been matched with a better baby. She's perfect.

A bus took all ten families to meet our babies today. When we walked into the room with the babies I didn't even notice them at first. I was taking pictures of everything at the time and when I turned around and saw the babies I didn't believe they were ours. All of the babies were wearing matching clothing. We stood in awe and in tears. I scanned them out quickly and kept saying "Xiu Fu Yang?" to all of the nannies. A man was holding her and a nanny pointed to her. We couldn't take her until it was our turn but we sure were bright eyed over her and touching her hands and feet and taking pictures. Of course I was crying too. When it was our turn, I took her first and tears rolled out of my eyes. She hugged me first thing. It was the best feeling.

This little girl has smiled, laughed and been the sweetest thing. No baby cried today which was amazing. Ours was probably the only one laughing. She is funny and very ticklish and she definitely loves her brother.

I had a bottle already made for her and she drank it on the bus back to the hotel. She drank every drop and had no problems keeping it down or sucking the nipples I had for her.

She is a very healthy baby. She might even be the biggest in our group. Twelve month clothing is almost too small. She's like the boys. Her feet are even big. I haven't put any shoes on her yet but I think they are probably the size of Nate and Andrew's feet. The hotel has scales in our room and Tony measured himself and then did it again while holding her and she is about 9kg which is close to 20lbs.

Madelyn does have a cold. She is coughing and has a runny nose but no fever so we're not going to give her antibiotics yet. I have pediasure. The orphanage doctor recommended a medicine for the runny nose and they went to the store and bought it for me for 15 yuan.

She does not sit up. She is very limber. She rolls over very well. She holds her head up well while laying on her belly. She can grasp objects in her hands (loves a rattle).

This little princess just put herself to sleep on the floor. She was playing, rolled over on her belly and konked out. I hope she's always this easy at nap time.

This is just too good to be true to have such an easy baby.

Here's some photos for you to awe over. Of course there are more than this. I just shared a few. I'm going to wear out the button on my camera.

5 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

OMG, Melissa!!! That all happened so fast!!! I've been off line for a few days - and your baby girl is already in your arms!!!

Amazing!

Hey, most of the photos aren't showing up, not sure why! But I'm sure she's way better in the flesh, anyway!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

Melissa and Tony - Gary and I looked at the pictures before he left. Both of us are in awe of how beautiful she is!!! You know Gary isn't very mushy, very laid back, the works, but he stood over me and looked at every picture commenting on each. Madelyn is just too beautiful for words. Logan looks wonderful holding his sister, and she looks happy to be in the arms of her family.

Does she readily go to you? I'm praying that her bonding takes place with no delays. I'm also praying that her cold is gone fast as well. Of course, Madelyn has an experienced mommy who knows just what to do in these cases, so there is no worry here.

I just love you all so much. I can't wait for you all to be home. Give Logan a big hug, kiss and zerbert for me. And please give Madelyn a hug and kiss for me for the first time!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Madelyn is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am amazed that she is laughing already. We will continue to pray that she will bond well (seems God is already answering that prayer) and that she will kick her cold quickly. You can tell that Logan is such an experienced BIG BROTHER! It is a joy for us to follow your journey!

Tim, Stacey, Seth & Daniel Weldon

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Kelley G said...

Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh, you guys! i cried reading this - i'm so happy for you!!! congrats on your new addition and we can't wait to meet her when you get home!
much love, beth and buddy goodman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home