Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pandas

Since we stopped off at the museum's yesterday morning, we didn't have that much time at the Chongqing Zoo as I had hoped we would. Since we take buses, we have to stay within the time we have a bus paid for. The Pandas were smaller than I had imagined. They were still cute. We saw a baby panda in a small area by itself. All of the other pandas seem to be kept in separate areas and away from each other. Logan and I got a good laugh when we saw one poop right in front of us. I took a couple of short videos I'll post later of the pandas. While there I bought two little plush pandas wearing Chinese silk shirts for 80 yuan - equals about $10 usd (finally starting to figure out their money). (Tracy - one of these is for Devin)

Tony forgot to mention in his last post the beautiful artwork that was sold at the museum's. One of the things we bought a few of was painted leaves. We selected some with Pandas, dragons and an Asian girl painted on them. They are absolutely beautiful. I hope I can find a way to frame the ones we're keeping when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home