Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I've been thinking today about my New Year's Resolutions and I couldn't come up with any that I knew I would keep. Yeah, I'd like to lose weight, exercise more, blah, blah, blah everything that is said every year and it might work at first but then the Holidays at the end of the year come again or maybe even before that and all resolutions are gone again back down the drain. I took at look at Last Year's Resolutions and found this post not far from it.

I'm hoping this week is referral week for us. I can't believe I actually said "the adoption is easier for us" in this post. As for physically, yes, easier to adopt for us. Emotionally - nope. It's the same. It's been an emotional rollar coaster watching and waiting for our referral especially when we missed referrals last time by one log-in day. We signed the agency papers almost 21 months ago to adopt our daughter. During the wait we were blessed with two more children. Most adopting parents do not have this opportunity and I do feel guilty sometimes that I did get blessed with more children when others never have this chance (and no I do not regret having conceived them) but I do still long for our daughter. She is my family, my daughter, our children's sister. Under the new rules, we would not be allowed to apply for a daughter in China with a child under the age of one in the house. I can't believe this is actually a rule when the process is taking about 2 years to complete right now. If at that time of application there is a baby, he/she would be 2 or more before the new addition arrived. If there is a family qualified to be wonderful parents, then I really feel like it should be up to the parents to make that decision that they want to take on the responsibility of another child at the same time, but I'm not the rule maker and China has every right to their children and what families they should belong to. They do want what's perfect for these beautiful girls/boys and I respect that.

I have fears that something could still go wrong. Will I really see my daughter's face soon? Could referrals be delayed longer? Could we be turned down now b/c we don't fit all the new rules out? (This last should not be a problem but would if we were not logged in by May of this new year but I still can't help but worry.) There's been so many disappointments during our long wait. Last year we thought we would have her by Christmas, then Spring time, then Summer, then we told family maybe by November and then possibly travel during Christmas time and here it is New Year's Day and no referral. Our twins will be 10 months old Wednesday. Looking at them I wonder where the time went but then when I think of Madelyn it seems like it has been FOREVER since she came into our hearts and we've longed to see her sweet face.

Logan is so excited about his baby sister. Tonight we mapped out our plane flight with his ball that is shaped out like a globe. We traced with our fingertips from US, over the ocean, and onto China. He knows we are her "Forever Family."

So, my resolutions are not really something for myself but wishes for others....
To waiting parents - May your day come soon that you meet your new additions to your family and may she/he bring to you happiness and joy and that you will also be the greatest parent to this precious baby.
To first time parents (adopting or with bio children)- I wish you peace waiting to become a parent and hope the wait ends soon. Just know I've been there waiting and waiting and longing for a child in my arms. That dream does come true, just sometimes we have to wait longer than we want to.
To my children - I will promise to be the best Mother I can possibly be and love you more than anything else.
To my husband - My promises to you might be broken especially if I say I'm going to be a better homemaker but I do promise to try. :) I will be the best wife I can be and the best mother to our children.
To my friends - I'll always be a shoulder to lean on and someone to listen to you. I'll be there when you need me.
To everyone else - May you be able to keep your resolutions and have a wonderful 2007.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

You should never feel guilty about what life has dealt you! Your children are the ultimate blessing, and certainly nothing to feel guilty about! You WILL see Madelyn's face this month. And nothing will go wrong!

Godspeed for your referral!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Melissa and Tony, I'm sure you're watching RQ closely...but I just had to write and tell you that someone from France got a call and were referred twins. That means referrals are SO VERY CLOSE now and we all know you're next! You will be seeing Madelyn's face very soon. Let's hope for this week! It's so much more exciting watching everyone go through this once you've gone through it yourself (us, last month). Please post as soon as you know anything. Fingers crossed for you all.

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im am with Kennedy's mom. I am so excited for your family. You are the second blog I found in blog land. I have been following you guys for soooooo long. I can't wait !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home