Tuesday, December 26, 2006

One More Plane Ticket

We've decided to take Logan with us to China. He's very excited. Today we applied for a passport for him. He's not too happy about travel shots but when that time comes we'll try not to upset him too much. For now, he's forgotten about them. I'm not looking forward to them myself either but I'd rather take the needle than be sick.

Why did we decide to take him? Back when we started this process, Logan had just turned 3 years old. In the past 20 months he has matured into a smart and of course handsome little man. Yes, he's still a child but he knows exactly why we're going to China and is in love with his sister even though he's never seen her. We feel that this will be a great experience for him and he'll always remember it. He'll be close to 5 years old (if not 5 by then the way it's going right now). He'll also be a great helper. He's been around the twins and knows a little about babies. I can't wait to see his face light up on Gotcha Day when they hand over Madelyn to us. When Logan first saw the twins, I think I was more emotional over seeing him see them the first time than when I saw them the first time. He loves his brothers. He's always telling people he's the big brother, even today when we went out to eat at Olive Garden (first nice restaurant in a long time as a family) he told the host after I gave them our name and party of 5 that he was the big brother.

It takes 4-6 weeks for the passport to arrive. Since we still haven't seen any signs of referrals coming, I think we've got plenty of time for his passport to arrive.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Yay! Logan will be so great for Madelyn. Kids just love other kids!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Yipeee for Logan! Wow, he'll never forget this trip! Good choice, I'd say. I can see how having two little brothers would make you a "big boy" really quick...and a responsible one at that. Yay for Madelyn too. She'll love having Logan there to play with. I can hardly wait to see the pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home