Wednesday, October 05, 2005

We Are No Longer Homeowners

Our house closed this morning. The new owner is probably moving in now. It's all over and done with except for us getting our money and I also have to mail her a check. When the inspection was done, the inspector told the buyer one of the doors in the basement must be fire rated per code. We added the door during the addition of the basement. So she asked for it to be fixed. We only had a 2 week notice so we decided to give her the money instead. I got an estimate from Lowe's and we now have to mail her a check. I'm sure she'll pocket it for something else. Why replace the door if you don't have to? If she had gotten an FHA loan, then it would have had to be done first but that's not the case. If I was her, I'd pocket the money for something else myself. The door works perfectly fine.

Yeah, we'll miss it. I already do. We're so crowded in this apartment. I hope our new builders get on the ball and put our house up quickly and there are no hurdles they have to cross to get that done.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I just played catch up on your blog. Glad to hear the house closed and you are all nestled tightly in your new quarters. Only for a few months, though... I am even more glad you're doing okay. I think about you often. Secret pal swaps Rock! You're gonna love it.


Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home