Wednesday, October 05, 2005

About Me Again

I saw a new OB doctor today and am officially labeled high risk. I knew that but no one ever said it to me. Due to my history I'll be having lots of scans, more appts than most OB patients. Today everything was good - bp, no weight gain, found on doppler. I'll have a level II scan in 3-4 weeks. I might even post the sex once we know.

Of course when telling the story of our adoption to the doctor I was asked "so you're not adopting now, right?" YES WE ARE!!! He is the father of two sets of twins so if he and his wife can do that, we can do this. There's a possibility of postponing a month or two if there are complications later on but right now that is not an option. Our plans are that we deliver and Tony goes to China to pick up Madelyn and our family will be complete.

I know I'm getting old when the doctors start looking younger. This new doctor looked so young compared to me. I wanted to ask him his age but I didn't. I don't think I've ever had one this young before. Maybe it's just me getting older and now I'm the same age as these doctors.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger M3 said...

I'm with you - the doctors these days are so damn young and perky. I went in for my adoption physical to a new physician and I swear she looked about 18 and could have been a model she was so thin and beautiful. What happened to all the old gray been-doing-this-for-a-hundred-years doctors? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home