Saturday, September 03, 2005

Gosh I'm OLD

Well, today I got insulted by a consignment store. Lately I've been cleaning out closets since we're moving and decided today to take some clothes of mine to a consignment store. Most of it was dresses I haven't worn in a while but within the past few years. I leave the clothes in there and return later to find out they would not take any of them. The excuse was "they are too mature." In other words, my clothes were no "Hip" enough for their store. Tony joked with me that we were closer to needing "hip" replacements than we were "Hip". That store made me feel like an old lady. I guess I need to go shopping and find more clothes that make me younger and less mature so I can fit in and then used clothing stores will take my clothes. I guess now these clothes will go to Goodwill or another charity.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Melissa:

I've been in that very same situation before! It makes one sad (one being me). I bypass them completely now and always head straight to Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

Susan

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Ouch! Dang snooty consignment store people. Hip is highly overrated anyhow. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home