Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Pain and Sufferring

Back in June I was in a car accident...nothing major. I think I posted about this before. I was on my way to meet Karen for dinner and I was rear-ended. I needed a new bumper to my van but that was it. I did however start getting terrible headaches and had neck pain from it so I started seeing a chiropractor. I only visited a few weeks and felt much better after that. The insurance company of the man that hit me calls me up and says last week "we want to settle your claim." I thought it was already settled. They still had not paid the chiropractor for my medical bills. I'm fine from the accident and feel normal so I said okay and she told me she was going to pay me $750 for pain and sufferring. Wow! I was not expecting that. I never got a lawyer b/c I wasn't injured that bad nor did I want to rip off the man that hit me b/c it was an accident and he apologized for it. I never thought I'd make money off the bump though. I haven't signed the papers yet to settle b/c they are not wanting to pay the chiropractor the full amount ($101 less) but as soon as I settle this, I will sign and all this money will go towards the adoption since I was on my way to chat with another adopting mom our her experiences.

Thanks, Karen, again for everything and sorry I stood you up that night not showing up at the restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home