Sunday, July 24, 2005

More Kids/Bigger House

Yesterday morning we spent some time in Fort Mill, SC and a little around Charlotte looking at homes to get an idea of what homes cost, location, etc. Right now I'm favoring a DR Horton home. It's a bit expensive but I love it but doubt we could afford it. Here's the floor plan...
http://www.drhorton-charlotte.com/inventorydetails.cfm?InventoryID=1295
The price on that website if more than we were quoted and both of those are probably more than we want to spend. I think I want too much for what the homes have to offer in this area. I only want to move one more time or at least until I'm too old to take care of myself.

I did talk with a buyer's agent yesterday and I think we're going to use her to do some looking for us. Right now these are our requirements...
1. Master bedroom on first
2. Big Kitchen
3. 4 bedrooms (gotta have somewhere to put more future children besides Logan and Madelyn)
4. office/study/bonus room - something extra for all of the Hooker house computers (maybe even two of these rooms so the kids have a playroom)
5. Porch (even if it's small)
6. Dining room
7. Flat yard even if it's tiny (if you've seen our current yard, you'd know why this is a requirement)

We've also asked the buyer's agent to look for neighborhoods with playgrounds and pools. It was so much fun looking yesterday. I actually got turned down for one development. They said I wasn't old enough. As it turned out they were an adult community for over 55.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Good luck with the househunting. It's exhilarating and exhausting I think. :-)

We finally found our dream house last year and we grin every time we come home. So shoot for the moon and don't settle -- it's so worth it.

Best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home