Sunday, July 10, 2005

Last Hour of My 20's

I'm down to the last hour of my 20's. On 7/11 I'll be 30 and finally qualified to adopt from China. Our dossier is not ready yet but at least when it is done, it can be sent to China now that I am 30.

I spent my last day at church, going out for lunch, a little shopping, rest at home, and the evening was spent at my neighbor's house while my son was at VBS. I got spoiled by the best neighbor in the world. She and her husband made me homemade chocolate ice cream, a brownie pie, homemade bread and I still got birthday presents. We looked through some of her crochet books while I was there and I came across a lady bug pattern. I think we'll try it sometime soon. I may try to make a blanket and then stitch some lady bugs on it. We're thinking about making some scarves, blankets and other crochet items to sell to help me raise me raise some of the adoption money. She taught me how to make scarves and blankets last winter.

At the mall today in JC Penny's, there were two dresses for little girls at the end of the clearance rack waiting on me to see them. The first was red and white stripped with a lady bug at the bottom and the other had lady bugs on the collar. Both were 12month size. Of course I couldn't turn that down. Hopefully our baby can wear these next summer. Her closet will be full soon. Tony says it will be funny if we get referred a boy instead of a girl especially if we get rid of all of Logan's clothes he has outgrown.

I'm trying to find a cabbage patch Asian doll. I'm not having any luck. I saw one today in Toys R Us that had the eyes of an Asian girl but I didn't like her dress or name. I guess I'm being too picky. I loved cabbage patch dolls when I was younger so I was hoping to find one for our little girl. If we do get a boy, I'll keep the doll for myself.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Melissa, Happy Birthday to You!!!

YES!! Isn't it fun to celebrate your 30th when you have something so exciting in store that hinges on your age??

Congrats...you are so very close!!!!

~Karen
Our Journey to Gwen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home