Sunday, May 22, 2005

Lady Bugs

I've had several ask me about the story behind Lady Bugs. Lady Bugs have been said to bring good luck. The Chinese Adoption community refers to Lady Bug sitings as something good is coming soon. Some are waiting on referrels or some may be waiting on 171H form from USCIS. When we first decided China was right for us, Tony mentioned to me he wanted to decorate her nursery with Lady Bugs. I asked him "why" also b/c I didn't know the symbolic meaning behind them. Since we indicated to Harrah's and during our home study that sex didn't matter, I'd rather not decorate the nursery too girlish just in case we did get a boy. We don't really care but knowing the history behind Chinese adoption, we're assuming we'll get a girl.

Here's a cute website about lady bugs and Chinese adoption.
http://www.gogotcha.org/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home