Friday, June 06, 2008

Yet another bright idea .... NOT


This is our little fish. Andrew loves the water.

This one is not a fish. She's far from it. She did not want to be in the water unless her daddy was holding her.

This is Nate in time out. (explained below)

Logan relaxing, what Tony and I did NOT do this evening (or ever).

Tony had the day off since Logan's school had a Luau for all the Kindergarten families (which btw, our family did not make it to all the events b/c three little two-year olds were mean and grumpy). After school I had the bright idea we should all go down to Carowinds to the water park. We do have season passes this year. I wanted to get in the pool so bad I was willing to take three two-year olds out in 97 degree heat even though I have been battling a cold and cough all week long.

It was not a fun trip. I can laugh now but it wasn't that much fun. I did enjoy the water but I didn't enjoy Nate running away every second. Nate couldn't be happy where the rest of us were. He wanted to go anywhere we weren't. Most know I have a bad foot (ruptured tendon). Walking on concrete is not easy without shoes and my brace, and running after Nate was downright painful. Nate had to sit in the stroller several times to get him to calm down and stop throwing tantrums. Andrew scared me b/c he kept trying to hang out with the bigger kids. He loved all the water being dumped on him. He would lay down in the water with his head barely sticking up. Madelyn couldn't stand it if a drop of water splashed in her face. I could get her to walk beside me but when she would see her daddy, she expected him to carry her. We did last one and a half hours there and that was pushing it. We almost left sooner, much sooner than that.

Two toddlers and two adults, that's possible. Three toddlers and two adults with a six year old where water is involved - forget it! We will not be going back without another adult or someone babysits at least one toddler and that would have to be either Nate or Madelyn.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kendra said...

Well, looks like Logan and Andrew may have gotten some joy out of it, even if the rest of you did not. God bless you for trying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home