Friday, January 11, 2008

I can do anything...

I'm reminded of the song that goes "I can do anything, anything better. I can do anything better than you." I just got back from taking the three tots to the Elementary School to eat lunch with Logan. People that don't know us probably wouldn't realize how big of an ordeal it is to plan on going out with three one-year olds until they meet me or experience it.

Logan was crying this morning wanting me to eat lunch with him. So, I thought about it all morning and thought and I re-thought and decided I'd go ahead as long as it wasn't raining (got caught in the rain with these three yesterday walking back from the school). I decided there was no way I could go through the lunch line with them so best bet was to hit a fast food restaurant and take something b/c I didn't want to cook something up and then put it all into containers to carry to the school. School's here have new rules that you can't take in wrappers from fast food restaurants b/c they want to promote healthy eating so I took two generic Tupperware (not sure the correct brand it is but that's our term for it) and got all of them in my Expedition. We headed to McD's to get a 10 piece nugget meal for the babies to split (cheaper than three Happy Meals) and then I hit Taco Bell for Logan (I try to get him to eat something other than nuggets once in a while). I empty these into my containers when I get to the school.

I took the double umbrella stroller and fastened in Nate and Andrew. Madelyn was left to walk. She can't run. Most of the time she can't even walk straight so I knew she wouldn't run off. My triple doesn't turn curves that well and especially wasn't going through the crowded cafeteria. We got there a little early and the boys did not like waiting. Madelyn smiled and so many people were saying "aw, how cute" when I'm thinking "she's just showing off." She can be just as mean and irritable as the boys but out in public she hams it up.

Madelyn did fine sitting at the table until she pooped. Nate got irritable too in the stroller while eating and I later discovered he had pooped to. Andrew probably behaved better than I ever would have thought. We did end a little early and I sent Logan back to his table with his class. I think Logan was happy especially with Madelyn coming. He seemed to want to show her off to his friends and he got lots of attention from his classmates.

It took us a while to get loaded back up and back home but I survived. I can't believe I attempted that. I guess a pitiful, five-year old's tears will make you do anything.

Oooops, forgot to add, I also did all this past nap time. Not a good thing to skip nap time. It was delayed about 1 1/2 hours.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

There is no doubt about you... YOU ARE SUPERMUM!!! I used to avoid school excursion etc, and I only had one toddler!!! (although I reckon he's 3 rolled in one!!)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Well sounds like all survived and once in a while might not be too bad.

Beverly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home