Monday, April 30, 2007

Just a Little Freedom Finally

Two times now Madelyn has stayed in nurseries for a short period of time.

Yesterday I finally made it back to church but only with Logan and Madelyn. The twins stayed home with Tony and took a nap. I was told Madelyn was very happy in the nursery but was getting tired by the end. We only stayed for Sunday School but that sure was a relief to know she was comfortable enough to stay in there for a short period of time.

And Today, I finally made it back to the YMCA to workout - only 40 minutes but better than nothing. I haven't been since end of January. When I walked in with two strollers (I pushed the twins in the double and Logan pushed Madelyn in the single) someone yelled out "here comes the stroller brigade." When I scanned my card, the people at the desk made sure they checked my registration to make sure I wasn't bringing in extras. Madelyn had not been added to the account yet. I was asked if I had a newborn. My guess is she didn't get a good look at Madelyn before she said that but obviously I haven't just had a baby. She's as big as the twins. So I explained to them she was from China and it was her first visit to the Y. I had already added her to the nursery list last time I visited. We had the referral then so I told them there to add her to our list of children. The nursery workers told me today she did just fine. She was a little whiney but again this was before nap time so she was ready to come home and get some shut eye.

Want to guess how many asked "are these all your children" just walking into the building and back out? Or how many said, "you've got your hands full"?

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

hehehe, and this weekend you get to go out and have your hands full again - this time holding your husband's hands instead of sticky wet fingers (belonging to the kids! hahahah)! I'm glad you're starting to get out again, even if for a short period of time. :) love ya, girl. and give my niece and nephews big hugs and kisses!!!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Only 45 minutes? You're a legend! I'd be lucky to last at the gym for 10 minutes~!!!

Glad Madelyn is settling in with others. It is very helpful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home