Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bigger Family = Bigger Vehicle

 
The mini-van wasn't working out for us. When we first bought our van we had planned on two children at the time. I was pregnant with Reagan at the time. We lost her four months later after buying it and then started the adoption paperchase. After that was over with, then I found out I was pregnant with twins. The van was fine with the twins plus Logan. Then after we got home with Madelyn, it began to get cramped. My van was a 7 passenger van but I don't think 7 was meant for four kids in carseats. Our best arrangement was to put the twins in the back seat and Logan and Madelyn in the captains chairs in the middle. Everytime we put the twins in or took them out, we had to remove Logan's booster, fold the seat down, climb into the back to buckle/unbuckle the twins. This was not easy at all. So, we have debated since we've been home whether or not to upgrade to something bigger. I didn't want a bigger vehicle b/c of payments and gas mileage but after this weekend of trying to get them in and out, it was time to finally purchase something else.

We found this '05 Expedition at a really good price for what it has. I didn't care if it had leather or not but it's loaded including a DVD player. Logan LOVES that part. Since today is his 5th birthday we told him this was his birthday present. How many 5 year olds get SUV's for their birthday? I love it. I've only driven it from the dealership to home and to Chick-fil-a today and that's it. You can see I'm not good at parking something this big yet. Even in this picture I've got the tires on part of the grass.

I do miss my van. It had automatic sliding doors. Sliding doors with kids around is a great thing to have. Now I have to worry about Logan opening doors and hitting another car. It is nice to have a clean vehicle. It won't last long though.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

Oh cool! You're pimping now!! whoohoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home