Saturday, March 31, 2007

Yucky Ears

I think we know why Madelyn acted out yesterday. Her right ear is draining yucky stuff again. It's really gross. Her ear infection is back or something else is wrong. Luckily we have drops leftover from the last prescription so we started that again and she sees the doctor Tuesday. We'll never know how long she's had problems with her ears. I only know the past almost five weeks she's been miserable with her runny nose and her ears. I'm planning on asking Tuesday at what point do we see an ENT for her ear infections. I've had problems with many ear infections in the past but never had them draining like hers does. It's got to be painful and she's dealing with it pretty good. Today she's been fairly happy most of the day. I'm even able to type this while she's awake and not crying for me to pick her up. Logan is entertaining her and the twins. (He got rewarded today for being a good big brother and got to go see a movie.)

I'd post of photo of her ears but someone might get sick looking at the yucky junk coming out. I couldn't watch Tony clean it out. It's that disgusting.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

I've lurked on your blog for quite awhile and wanted to respond to the ear drainage. My son, adopted from Russia at 10 months of age, also had horrible ear infections with drainage. In fact, his infection from inside his ears was draining out so much that the outside of his ears also were infected. I would really push for getting a referral to an ENT. We fought the ear infections with DS for three months before finally getting sent to an ENT. The ENT put tubes in and things have been so much better. The downside is that DS has a severe speech delay and everyone believes that it's due to all the ear infections early in his life combined with the change of language. Good luck! I know it's tough!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

Sweetie, I totally agree with Jodie's comment - get to that ENT ASAP!!! My sweet niece needs to have tubes put in. My oldest had to have that done and it was a blessing. I'll tell you more about it when I call ya, but let me tell ya now - yes, there can definitely be speech impairments because of this ear stuff!! Remind me to tell you about "Gumma".

If the docs won't listen to you, let me know. Put me on the phone. I know how to get through to doctors (dealing with them as often as I have to now, it's no surprise, eh?).

Love you all, sweetie. I'll call later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home