Thursday, March 22, 2007

Paid a Little Too Much

Ever paid $75 for a jar of Gerber Stage 2 Sweet Potatoe Baby Food? I did.

For months now I've had a clicking noise in my van every time I turned left. It was very loud. I could hear it over the kids and the radio. I thought it was something under the hood, maybe around the tire/axle, but wasn't sure. I took it to the dealership with all three kids (before Madelyn) and waited 1 1/2 hours and they came back with $75 bill and fixed something small. Well, that didn't work. It was still making the noise. Then Tony took it back. They fixed something else, but that still didn't work.

I had to wait until this week to go back due to all the packing and traveling and finally made it back in telling these people that I wanted them to ride with me so I could point out where that noise was coming from. The mechanic is in awe and can't believe how loud this noise is. He switched places with me and drove it and he could only make it happen turning left too and was surprised this was my 3rd trip in. He took it back to the service department and about 30 minutes later came back holding in his hands this baby food jar.

The jar was wedged under the passenger seat. They had to take the seat off to get it out. It was rolling up against some metal and that was making the noise. The jar was still sealed, not broken.

I gave the service department men a good laugh for the day. It took three trips to find out baby food was the culprit to this noise. It wasn't just me either b/c it took them two times jacking the van up and taking the wheels off searching for what was clicking and popping under the van.

It will be a while before I can show my face there again. It's probably on my record there so they can laugh everytime they pull up my vehicle.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Now that was pretty funny - thanks for starting my day with a smile! How is Madelyn doing? And all the boys, too, for that matter!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Noneofyour... said...

You've GOT to be kidding. Really? Heh... At least you got to the bottom of it...after THREE attempts.

Happy Days busy mom...

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Mom 2 six said...

What a hoot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home