Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Life is Tough

I admit it ... it's rough here right now.

I think everyone that was on China time has adjusted but me. I'm still dragging during the day and rolling in the bed wide awake at night. I can't seem to get back on the right time. I also don't think I fully recovered from being sick last week in China. It's mostly nausea but last night I did vomit from the smell of Madelyn's diaper. She's got some killer poop. Bad smells do this to me anyway but I haven't felt so great since we've been home.

Madelyn is sleeping through the night (at least for the past two nights) and we had all three little ones taking a nap at the same time this morning. This afternoon isn't going so well with naps though.

Madelyn has been sitting up today. This is a big improvement. She also hasn't cried everytime I walked out of her sight. She sat in the floor with a boppy pillow as her support and watched all three boys play for a long time. She still only taps her fingers lightly on toys that are placed in front of her. At meal times we put her in a highchair and try to spoon feed her but she still can't figure out how to use her tongue and swallow the food. Almost all of the food is pushed back out. Teaching a 10 month old to eat is much harder than a younger baby b/c she knows how to fight back jerking her head and spitting and swinging her arms. She is drinking half soy formula given to us by our pediatrician and half of the Nestle Chinese formula in a bottle still mixed with rice cereal. I hope she starts eating food soon. I'm ready to get rid of all the bottles in the house. Three sets of bottles everyday definitely fills up a dishwasher plus a sink.

Logan bragged about his sister at preschool today. He gave each of his classmates a red lucky money envelope with some Chinese money we brought back home. He also gave his teacher a silk change purse purchased in China.

I'm hoping all three continue to sleep through the night and can stay on the same nap schedule once Tony goes back to work. He is off until the 22nd. I'm dreading that first day alone with all four but if I can get back to EST time and get over being sick it might not be so bad. I'm so thankful for ge ge (big brother). Logan can be annoying sometimes but he's also very good at entertaining the babies. They think he's the funniest thing ever. He's also a good fetcher. (He came in handy last night when I was gagging over Madelyn's diaper and got his daddy to come help.)

I'll post more photos later.

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Bless your heart. Things should start to normalize for you soon. Hope you didn't pick up some interesting travel bug. Maybe you should get checked for giardia?

Wishing you all the best.

Beverly & Glenys, my Wuzhou wonder

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Noneofyour... said...

Give the food some time...our baby was only 8 months when we brought her home and although they INSISTED she had been eating food...it was obvious she had no idea what to do with it. We only did bottles in China and a good 2 months after we got home. I know that has to be hard with THREE babes so close in age...hang in there though.

The foul diaper? Have her checked. Did your ped. have you collect stool samples? If not, I'd insist if I were you.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mom 2 six said...

It just takes time-the jet lag is a killer but all of a sudden you will get sleep. I was 1 day away from going to the doctor for sleeping pills...but then things got better. Yep-I agree on checking the poop if it's that bad. A number of folks had a touch of problems when we traveled.
Trust me every month gets easier and Madelyn will continue to make great strides.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home