Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Journey is Finally Over

Hard to believe after these past few years of paperwork, waiting, more paperwork, waiting on referral, waiting on TA, waiting to travel and finally receiving Madelyn, more paperwork in China, the journey TO her is over.

Now the journey WITH our daughter begins. Madelyn will be a US Citizen when we land in LA on American soil. We leave out late this evening from Guangzhou and start the long flight home. I'm ready to have our daughter home, in a real home where she has toys, her own bed, her own clothes, and most important LOVE. On one of the papers I filled out for the US Consulate, it had us list Madelyn's current home and the address we were to put was our hotel room. That really bothered me. A hotel room is definitely not a home.

I can't wait for everyone to meet her. Her smile, the way her mouth opens wide with her toungue hanging out, will melt you away. She's a sweetie for sure.

We have more packing to do, eat breakfast, return the borrowed stroller, and we're done until the ceremony this afternoon. I will miss China. It's definitely been a great experience but there's no place like home.

4 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

You all travel safe. I can not wait for you all to be home. I can't believe how much I've missed you, but thankfully the time went by fast. I'm sure it went by too fast for you all as well, despite the desire to be home you had such a great experience over there.

I love you all very much. Give the kids kisses for me!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Everyone Has a Story... said...

Yeah! You are almost home! Can't wait to see the pictures of all the brothers with their sister!
Wishing you a safe and sane journey home!
Congratulations! You are a family of 6!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Yay!!! I find it hard to believe... it must be even more surreal for you!!!

Madelyn is very lucky to be welcomed into such a loving home, and your family is very lucky to have such a gorgeous daughter!

Finally, the Invisible Thread is connected, and will never break!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mom 2 six said...

Safe travels !!
I know exactly how you feel.
There is nothing better than Home- Sweet-Home.
Can't wait to see the first picture of ALL the kids finally together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home