Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Confession

I can finally tell the adoption community I'm pregnant with TWINS!!!!

Tony and I have kept from telling our agency and people I've met that are also adopting (except the ones I've personally met or trusted through email conversations). I was afraid China would turn us down or have us postpone our adoption.

Yesterday, not only were we told to think Blue but found out both babies were boys. We'll have three boys and our one daughter from China.

Thanks to FAYE for assuring us that Harrah's would not have a problem with us adopting while pregnant. She recommended I speak with Jackie Harrah and confess to her and know NOW what was going to occur with our adoption. I called Harrah's around 10am this morning (8am their time) and asked to speak with her and just came right out and said I'm pregnant with twins and still want to adopt. She said she saw no problem and congratulated us. Our homestudy already has to be updated b/c of our move and so when our social worker evaulates our new house, it will be added that we have two more additions in our house. We also need to show that we meet China's requirements for income - $10,000 for each person in the household including the one being adopted - so for us that would be $60,000.

My pregnancy is still not in the clear but as for now everything looks good. We'll know more on Monday from a level II ultrasound.

We've had many ask if we still wanted to adopt especially hearing that we're expecting twins and YES we still do. She's just as much a part of our family now as the babies I'm carrying. She'll have 3 brothers to protect her and be the only little princess in our house (as Kendra wrote to me yesterday). Three babies will be hard. We know that but we're willing to take that responsibility.

My due date is actually Logan's birthday, April 10, but since I'm carrying twins, I've been told to aim for delivery between 32-36 weeks (hopefully closer to 36). So, we're looking at having them February or March, referral around March for Madelyn and maybe going to China in May or June. We'll have a few months at home with the twins before Madelyn comes home. Hopefully we'll be in our house in February or March also, plenty of time to get ready for Madelyn to come home (but not so sure about the twins).

5 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

EVEN MORE CONGRATS IN ORDER! Your Mom actually told me about you having twins a couple of wks ago when I saw her at the Dr. I'm soo glad you are still going to adopt, you will be sooo blessed! Twin boys, that is like sooo cool!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Elena Johnston said...

Double congratulations! My twins, Nathan and Isaiah, are 20 months old. Its been a crazy journey. Everybody jokes about "two for the price of one." It's really more like two for the price of four. Being pregnant with twins is no walk in the park... and caring for two newborns isn't any easier.

But the other side of it is that it's more than double the blessing. The special bond between them adds such a rich dimension to our lives.

I'm so glad for you!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Elena Johnston said...

Double congratulations! My twins, Nathan and Isaiah, are 20 months old. Its been a crazy journey. Everybody jokes about "two for the price of one." It's really more like two for the price of four. Being pregnant with twins is no walk in the park... and caring for two newborns isn't any easier.

But the other side of it is that it's more than double the blessing. The special bond between them adds such a rich dimension to our lives.

I'm so glad for you!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Oh my gosh Melissa - congratulations!!!!!! WOW. That is such wonderful news. I'm way behind on my blog commenting, so I just saw this. I am so excited for you!!! Yippeeeeeee.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Congrats! Two more boys - how exciting is that. I'm glad all is going well with you. At the rate we're going, we'll meet you in China :)

hugs to all

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home