Monday, July 11, 2005

My New Favorite Book

I have a new favorite book. I posted earlier about a book I ordered called "Waiting for May" by Janet Morgan Stoeke. As soon as I saw it in the mailbox, I ran inside and opened it. I tried to get Logan to sit in my lap to read it but he wanted to play trains so I read it out loud. I balled like a baby reading it and was crying so much I couldn't even make words come out of my mouth. It's so precious. The story is about a boy telling the story about adopting his baby sister. My guess is the boy in the book telling the story is around 5-7 years old. Logan is younger than that but I think the more we read this to him, the more he's going to fall in love with the baby that is meant to be ours in China. I laughed when I read how at Christmas time they wanted May (the girl's name) there but he did get a cat and named her Mao (Chinese for cat). I should have thought of that when choosing Leia's name. In this book, the boy gets to travel to China but we will not be taking Logan. He's too young to make this trip even though he'll be closer to 4, I'm not comfortable taking him to a country we don't know much about plus this will be our only time to bond with her alone. I love how the beginning of the book starts out..."I know that when other kids get baby brothers or sisters, their mothers' bellies get big and they go to the hospital. But we're not getting our baby that way. We are going to get ours from China. But first, we have to wait." This is the way I want him to explain to his friends that he is going to be a big brother but right now we have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home