Monday, May 16, 2005

Physicals

Tony briefly wrote we had our physicals today. I think this was probably the first time this nurse practitioner as well as the office had done adoption physicals. We took Logan with us and the NP eventually asked Tony to take him out to the waiting area so she could handle one physical at a time without a 3 year old running around and talking. She was asking me about all my pregnancies and why I had lost them. I don't know why I had my first miscarriage and she had never heard of Triploidy herself and I had to keep explaining to her I couldn't go through this again, not right now. She asked why I couldn't get pregnant on my own and if I knew what PCOS was. Of course I know what this is. I probably know more than she does about PCOS. It was really frustrating talking to her about this and I told Tony I didn't want to see her again. When it came time for the lab, the lab tech asked me out loud why I had to have an HIV test. I hope no one heard. She asked me if it was b/c I was exposed to it. I quickly said No and it was required on some forms the NP had to fill out for our adoption. That was a bit embarassing. And it doesn't matter how many times I tell a lab tech I have horrible veins and to use a butterfly needle, they always want to try themselves with the other needle and of course I get stuck several times. Anyway, at least this is all over and done with. Hopefully we'll get the papers back this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home