Friday, May 06, 2005

Overcoming Grief

Today marks one month anniversary since we lost our Daughter, Reagan, at 19 weeks gestation to Triploidy. I think about her everyday and how nothing will ever replace her. As we work towards our adoption, I think about the age our adopted child will be and if she (or he maybe) might be the same age Reagan would be. I heard a quote this past weekend that said one way to help cope with grief of a loss is to give life to someone else. That's our goal right now. I want to give a life to another child and raise her in a free country and give her a good home and smother her with all the love we have to offer plus some. There's another child out there for us and our angels are going to help lead us to her.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

I've been reading your blog and came across this post about your daughter, Reagan. My heart aches for you and your family. We, too, lost our daughter, Claire, at late term (21 weeks gestation.) Her nursery was complete, baby showers were planned, everything...the sadness is just so completely overwhelming. I do not know how much of my blog you have read but I was going through cancer treatment at the time of our pregnancy (I was diagnosed almost immediately after finding out about our pregnancy...) However, I know that life takes many twists and turns, and here we are, now adopting our little girl, Gwen. Funny how things do work out...I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your grief and I know the journey to your child in China will be a wonderful one. Definitely hang on for the ride - it is incredible!!!

Karen in NC
www.journeytogwen.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home