Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Transition from Terrible Two's to Terrible Three's is TERRIBLE

My blogging time just doesn't exist anymore. I don't even get a chance to sit at a desk anymore. Logan has pretty much taken over my computer when he's home and the other three don't allow me to sneak away during the day or even sit with my little Asus and check email anymore.

Today is a day though that I needed to find blogging time to share about how bad my morning was. Nate, Andrew and Madelyn need a team name that's for sure b/c together they can get into so much trouble.

The school bus was late this morning. Long story short there, it never showed up after school started. I was in and out of the house watching Logan at the stop about 5 houses up to make sure he's safe. Meanwhile the other three are running around the house like wild animals like always. I didn't realize they were up to something upstairs.

Usually the only two rooms with doors open upstairs are the twins room and Madelyn's room. Everything else is shut b/c it's not toddler proof. However; the bathroom was left open. I didn't know this. All during that time I was in and out the door watching for the school bus and calling the school, they were running in and out of the bathroom.

When Logan finally got onto the bus, I came inside to find Nate and Andrew with toothpaste on the hands and faces. No big deal. I just assumed they probably did get into that bathroom upstairs and tried to get some toothpaste out themselves. Andrew's shirt was a little wet, not soaked, but I changed him anyway and since I was changing him I went ahead and switched over laundry and sat down to fold it. I gathered up a load to go upstairs and that's when I passed by the open bathroom.

It was flooded!!!!! They had stopped up the sink and turned on the water. Not only that, toothpaste was in many places including all in the bathtub. Toothbrushes were laying on top of the toilet lid and they were wet. I was furious. I had steam coming out of my ears. I ran back downstairs and grabbed towels to soak up the floor first. I tossed all of the toothbrushes in the trash. I had to throw away a few other things that had been laying on the counter soaked and ruin now. I was so mad at those three. I also discovered there was pee in the little potty Madelyn uses so I guess she did that while the boys were eating toothpaste.

They ruined my entire day. I'm still made about the bus issues and the destroyed bathroom. Some parents say three's are worse than two's and I think I'm getting both of those years combined into one times three kids.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jill from Killeny Glen said...

What a mess Melissa! The threesome at their BEST! They give new meaning to, "never a dull moment."
BUT, they ALL are adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home