Friday, December 14, 2007

When will it get easier?

I've heard this before but I haven't figure out what people meant by it it gets easier when the kids get older yet.

Some other moms of multiples told me once if you get past 6 months of age, it's much easier. No it's not!!! Today for instance I lay down on the couch in the playroom to watch Sesame Street with the kids and immediately, not even a second passed, all three were climbing up and jumping on me. I had 6 elbows in my ribs and 6 knees in my stomach. Then later I sit in the chair and two have to climb up and sit and the third gets jealous and thinks he has to be there. When do I ever get to sit down by myself again when they are awake?

Today they've also been very active and loud. Okay, so they are that way everyday but today has been even more so. We've danced and sang and read and I hid for a while then went back into the playroom for more. It's just noon and I'm ready for bed again.

I pretty much stay on my feet all day long. The podiatrist asked me what I do for a living this week and you should have seen her eyes pop out of her head when I said I stay home with three one-year olds. I was asked if I had any injury to my foot. Hum? Does it count the numerous times of falling over kids or tripping over toys or sprinting as fast as I can when one of the kids takes off for the road? I was put in a large split over my foot and ankle for PTTD. If this along with meds doesn't work, surgery is next option. What will we do if I'm off my feet for a few months recovering from surgery? get a Nanny? Housekeeper?

I do keep hoping it will get easier. I'd like to at least be able to go out and do quick runs to the grocery store without what should be a 5-10 minute trip turning into 30-40 minutes b/c I have to fight with the carseats, strollers or buggy's or just them throwing tantrums when we walk through the doors and the screams when they see a balloon floating over the cash registers. I'd like to not look like I've been run over by a freight train when Tony walks through the door at night after work.

I do love these kids but they sure know how to shed some years off a person.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I really feel for you. 1 is kicking my butt some days. I don't know how you do it. Sometimes, I wish that all us moms could move into 1 big house and help each other out.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger M3 said...

I hear you! I ask every twin mom I see "does it get easier?!" but I really don't want to hear it if the answer is no. Here's to being able to sit down in 2008...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home