Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Fingerprinting appt

We got a letter in the mail for fingerprinting for July 29. That's 2 1/2 months away from when we sent out application in. We'll still have a long wait after that for the I-171H. I've emailed out to our home study agency to find out if there's a way to get in sooner. Some have said to just show up at the Charlotte office ahead of time and we can be fitted in but our letter plainly states to come only on that date or reschedule by letter only and not by phone or visit to the office.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

Melissa,

Just go. That's what we did because the date they gave us Scott was traveling for work. Get there early (like be there before the office opens.)

I'm surprised the wait to be fingerprinted is so long now.

Charlotte CIS is notoriously slow.

Keep me posted,
Karen

Our Journey to Gwen

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said...

I agree with Karen, just go and see if they will do the fingerprinting. We showed up for our appointment an hour early, just when they opened, and they didn't turn us away. And then my dh had a fingerprinting appointment for the following week, for his citizenship papers, and they allowed him to have those prints taken on the same day.

Can't hurt to try!
Lisa~~
Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home